301 Redirects

The HTTP response status code 301 Moved Permanently is used for permanent redirection, meaning current links or records using the URL that the 301 Moved Permanently response is received for should be updated to the new URL provided in the Location field of the response. This status code should be used with the location header. RFC 2616 states that: If a client has link-editing capabilities, it should update all references to the Request URL. The response is cachable. Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity should contain a small hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URL(s).
Posts about 301 Redirects
  • How I Doubled Traffic To Over 200,000 Organic Visitors, Overnight

… traffic. How To Absorb All The Traffic As mentioned earlier there is 2 ways to do this: Using 301 re-directs, or Using cross-site canonical tags Both involve the same process of preparing for the cut-over; the content needs to be duplicated on the destination website by being uploaded to the destination site’s database. If you’re going to use…

SEO Nickin SEO Google How To's- 14 readers -
  • I Need Your Input for 2 SEO Experiments!

Earlier this week, I shared some of my results from spending over $37k this year (so far) on buying websites. The discussion that followed in the comments was once again very active and brought out some of the finer points of the process. Overall, the discussion of my last post once again made me realize how much all of you enjoy seeing my “experiments” and the results I share.

Spencer Haws/ Niche Pursuits- 11 readers -
  • 5 Ways You Can Speed Up Your Website

… traffic or a DDoS attack. Utilizing a CDN may offer only minimal benefits, or it may speed up your website remarkably, if you serve a high number of international visitors. However, considering the low cost (that is, nothing), it is worth reviewing to decide if there are benefits for your website, especially if you are publishing high quality media…

Noemi Tasarra Twigg/ The Blog Herald- 18 readers -