301 Redirects

The HTTP response status code 301 Moved Permanently is used for permanent redirection, meaning current links or records using the URL that the 301 Moved Permanently response is received for should be updated to the new URL provided in the Location field of the response. This status code should be used with the location header. RFC 2616 states that: If a client has link-editing capabilities, it should update all references to the Request URL. The response is cachable. Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity should contain a small hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URL(s).
Posts about 301 Redirects
  • How I Doubled Traffic To Over 200,000 Organic Visitors, Overnight

This is a case study on how I doubled organic traffic to an existing website from 100,000 visits per month to over 200,000 visitors per month, overnight, using technical SEO and the osmosis technique. This was done using a strategy that involves absorbing another operating website’s content, rankings, and ultimately traffic.

SEO Nick- 10 readers -
  • I Need Your Input for 2 SEO Experiments!

… that you would like Hayden and his team to use? Any other suggestions for this experiment? Experiment 2? You Decide! Perrin and I have kicked around a couple of other ideas for SEO experiments, but we’d love to hear your thoughts before we decide! Here’s the 2 additional ideas we’ve been considering: Use mostly just 301 redirects to a new domain…

Spencer Haws/ Niche Pursuitsin SEO Google- 8 readers -
  • 5 Ways You Can Speed Up Your Website

… in a timely manner. In this case, your best option is to either upgrade your hosting plan, or – if you’re already at the top tier with your current host – find a new home for your site. If you’re using cPanel on a Linux hosting environment, you can find a variety of bandwidth and resource logs and reports under the “Logs” menu. The Bandwidth report…

Noemi Tasarra Twigg/ The Blog Herald- 10 readers -
Get the top posts daily into your mailbox!