404 Error

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.The web site hosting server will typically generate a "404 Not Found" web page when a user attempts to follow a broken or dead link; hence the 404 error is one of the most recognizable errors users can find on the web.A 404 error should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.
Posts about 404 Error
  • Nine SEO techniques that take less than 15 minutes

… massive site with years and years worth of posts, the idea of adding rich snippets to your pages can seem terrifying. Instead, make a spreadsheet of your most popular posts, then every day go through 10 of them and implement schema markup. This should help gradually improve the CTR of your results. 3. Improve your site speed by optimising images Site…

Christopher Ratcliff/ Search Engine Watchin SEO- 8 readers -
  • Fixing 404 Error Pages with Google Analytics

… There have been multiple blog posts written over the years on how to use Google Analytics to identify and fix 404 Error Pages. I have even written one myself and it’s a common slide in many of my talks. But with the newest features that are available within Google Analytics, these blog posts are due an update. Custom Variables vs Events…

Search Engine Watchin Google- 13 readers -