404 Errors

• Beginner’s guide to server response codes

… on their site. Because of this, old products were not removed from the search index and outranked buyable products in search results. 301 – Redirect Permanently A permanent redirect acknowledges the client’s request and says, “That information now resides somewhere else.” Instead of loading the old information, the server begins an updated request—a 301…

Search Engine Watch- 11 readers -
  • Can 404 Errors Hurt Your SEO Rankings?

… You've probably encountered at least one 404 error--maybe even on your own site. A 404 error is a type of error returned when a user attempts to access a page on the server that is not specified, does not exist, or otherwise can't be accessed. There are several error codes that indicate a problem returning a requested web page, but 404s…

Search Engine Guidein SEO- 6 readers -
  • Getting Bulk PA Data for 404s with URL Profiler

… I’ve been using URL Profiler on-and-off for a few months now, mainly for full-on link analysis – especially when it comes to penalty removal and disavow work. However, as I’m sure other folks have discovered, there’s a few other cheeky ways that the software can be put to good use. I found one, and after a chat with Patrick (one of URLP’s founders…

SEOnoin SEO- 17 readers -
  • Using IP Deny Manager To Reduce Fake Visitors and Improve Site Security

… is really up to you. Older sites/installations often have more attempted abuse (or abusive crawling) than newer sites. However, newer sites are more likely to have unclosed vulnerability holes in many cases. You DEFINITELY want to do this regularly if you’re starting to exceed your hosting resources. That’s all folks! Say bye bye bad guys! Happy…

Kim Castleberry/ Just Ask Kim- 18 readers -
Get the top posts daily into your mailbox!