404 Errors

• Beginner’s guide to server response codes

… try to crawl administration pages of a website. This status code is an error when you intend the client to access the information. This happens commonly with over-engineered robots.txt files, but can be the result of a misconfigured web server. 404 – Not Found The server says, “I can’t find that information, and it probably never existed…

Search Engine Watch- 11 readers -
  • Can 404 Errors Hurt Your SEO Rankings?

… You've probably encountered at least one 404 error--maybe even on your own site. A 404 error is a type of error returned when a user attempts to access a page on the server that is not specified, does not exist, or otherwise can't be accessed. There are several error codes that indicate a problem returning a requested web page, but 404s…

Search Engine Guidein SEO- 6 readers -
  • Getting Bulk PA Data for 404s with URL Profiler

… founders), I thought it’d be a good idea to throw it up as a quick blog post. The challenge – 404orama! I have a client who – despite only having a 1,000-page website – has over 5,000 404 (Page Not Found) errors associate with it. Over 5,000! (Pity it’s not over 9,000, otherwise I could use this. Anyhow…) The number is so high due to a variety of reasons…

SEOnoin SEO- 17 readers -
  • Using IP Deny Manager To Reduce Fake Visitors and Improve Site Security

… from known exploits, and lots of different stuff. It’s all about being able to see them be sneaky. (Consult with your web developer – either me or your own – regarding any you feel uncertain about.) 2. Temporarily Enable Live Traffic View In WordFence To Catch Multiple 404 Abusers The WordFence Plugin for WordPress is one of my favorite security…

Kim Castleberry/ Just Ask Kim- 18 readers -
Get the top posts daily into your mailbox!