404 Errors

• Beginner’s guide to server response codes

… try to crawl administration pages of a website. This status code is an error when you intend the client to access the information. This happens commonly with over-engineered robots.txt files, but can be the result of a misconfigured web server. 404 – Not Found The server says, “I can’t find that information, and it probably never existed…

Search Engine Watch- 11 readers -
  • Can 404 Errors Hurt Your SEO Rankings?

… errors--they send any traffic from the old location to the new one, and neither users nor search engine crawlers get upset over it. Ensuring your sitemap, redirects, and pages are accurate and up-to-date is a somewhat tricky business. If you're new to the scene, you could work with an SEO agency, a web developer, or even a freelancer to help you get…

Search Engine Guidein SEO- 6 readers -
  • Getting Bulk PA Data for 404s with URL Profiler

… founders), I thought it’d be a good idea to throw it up as a quick blog post. The challenge – 404orama! I have a client who – despite only having a 1,000-page website – has over 5,000 404 (Page Not Found) errors associate with it. Over 5,000! (Pity it’s not over 9,000, otherwise I could use this. Anyhow…) The number is so high due to a variety of reasons…

SEOnoin SEO- 16 readers -
  • Using IP Deny Manager To Reduce Fake Visitors and Improve Site Security

… resources, and I want to avoid blocking real people, I generally avoid blocking a USA address unless it’s wildly out of control or hitting known dangerous-to-me URLs. 3. Log Into Your cPanel and Use “IP Deny Manager” To Block These IP Addresses Now we’re going to log into our hosting’s cPanel and use the IP Deny Manager (located in the “security” grouping…

Kim Castleberry/ Just Ask Kim- 18 readers -