301 Redirect

• Guide to 301 redirects and canonical tags

… When you need to redirect a website or individual webpage to a different location, there are a number of different tactics you can employ. Each comes with their benefits and their problems, but if implemented correctly with best practice in mind, you shouldn’t need to worry too much. In this guide we’ll be focusing on 301 redirects, 302…

Christopher Ratcliff/ Search Engine Watch- 9 readers -
  • Finally, It’s Time to Retire Your WWW

… to https. If you’re accepting any data on your site, I’d encourage you to make the move as well. 301 Redirects – Gary Illyes announced that 3xx redirects no longer lose authority. So, it’s time to retire that www subdomain and push your traffic to your domain. We’re now just marketingtechblog.com without the www! 30x redirects don’t lose PageRank…

Douglas Karr/ Marketing Technology Blog- 10 readers -
  • Nine quick fixes to improve your stagnant SEO

… You’re no SEO beginner. You’ve sorted your technical SEO. Your site is being crawled regularly and Google is quick to index new pages on your site. You’ve got a solid keyword strategy and you’ve implemented all your main terms across site. You’re in your site’s Search Console daily, and you catch Rand’s Whiteboard Fridays every week. But yet…

Search Engine Watch- 20 readers -
  • Beginner’s guide to server response codes

… browser, this is the code received. To a search engine crawler, a 200 code says “I want you to keep this link as-is in your index.” How could this response be an error? A few weeks ago I was looking to buy a shirt. A specific brand ranked well in search results and I immediately found pages of product links from their site that fit what I wanted. I…

Search Engine Watch- 11 readers -
Get the top posts daily into your mailbox!